One of the most frustrating things about having a smartphone is a slow internet connection. Besides limiting our access to entertainment, slow internet also cripples the ability to work with our smartphones. The problem of slow internet also occurred on Google’s latest release, the Pixel 6. This could either happen due to a slow mobile connection and no Wi-Fi reception. So, here’s how to fix slow internet connection on Google Pixel 6.
Fixing the Pixel 6 slow internet
Despite having existed for a long time, no one seems to know how to solve the problem of slow internet. This is because there is no exact way to pinpoint the primary cause of smartphone slow internet. In general, slow internet on a smartphone could happen due to poor signal reception, background apps operation, or outdated firmware.
In the case of the Pixel 6, many users expressed the problem of slow internet connection. A fix attempt was made by Google following the release of the December 2021 update patch. Instead of resolving anything, the patch update makes the problem even worse.
Several Reddit users tried to solve this problem. Finally, they came up with an easy solution that involves installing the beta version of the carrier service. Here’s how to fix slow internet connection on Google Pixel 6.
- Go to any third-party app provider and find the latest beta for Google’s Carrier Service app.
- Download the APK into your Pixel 6 and install it. If prompted, you might need to modify your Android permission to install an app from an unknown source.
- Once you’ve installed and updated the Carrier Service, open your Pixel 6 Settings.
- Select the App’s settings and select the Carrier Service app.
- On the app’s info page, press Force Stop to terminate the app’s operation.
- Once you do that, go to the Storage Settings and select the Carrier Service app.
- Lastly, tap the Clear storage option to clean the app’s data.
Other possible solutions
Those steps should be enough to restore and fix your Pixel 6 internet connection. However, you might not need to follow those instructions if you’ve submitted the report for the December 2021 bug. As reported by 9to5Google, users who’ve reported the bug will be prompted to submit their IMEI codes. Once you’ve submitted the code, you will receive the latest update patch which was tested by Google.
Several users reported that the patch updates their carrier settings version from 48 to 49. However, if you’re not willing to submit the code, you may be able to join Google’s Official Carrier Service beta program. All you need to do is go to the Google Play Store and type Carrier Service into the search bar. Once you find the app, tap on the app’s info and install the app by joining the beta program.
So, those are the steps on how to fix a slow internet connection on Google Pixel 6. Those methods have been tested and proven to be effective methods to fix the Pixel 6’s internet issue. So, just go ahead and try those steps on your Pixel 6.